Attracting attention for your brand is what advertising is all about. But doing so online? That is a complex whirlwind of possibilities, one that most companies get wrong. There are so many factors in play, how can one ever expect to succeed?
In this post, we’re going to break down the new way Online Advertising can help you grow attention for your business.
Out with the Old
Online Advertising used to be thought of as creating some banner ads, sitting back, and praying that they work. Those days are over.
Now, it’s an analytics game based on big data and four different search strategies:
- Paid Search
- Location-based (or “Geo-Targeting”)
- Contextual Targeting
Each area has its own advantages, but all have the same goal: get in front of the right eyeballs. Your particular target market segment of customers is unique, with their own goals, interests, preferences, and web search habits. An effective Online Advertising campaign takes all of this in to account, from the creative designed for the ads to their placement.
In with the New
Thanks to big data, algorithms and software are now available that allow your ads to bid in real-time for the best possible placement online. Campaigns can be fully customized to advertise your services and products, and made to adjust at the drop of a hat. Some examples of this include:
- An American bistro whose messaging adjusts based on the time of day, from breakfast to dinner.
- A manufacturing company whose ads change based on product inventory.
- A financial services company that advertises the most popular product every month.
- A bank or firm that is advertising a free info piece for a limited time.
- A retail company that likes to have flash sales at a moment’s notice.
- A bank that wants to reach customers of a certain HHI within a 25-mile radius of their location.
- A home security company that wants to appear on industry-related blogs and content.
- An eCommerce site that wants to remind customers to complete the purchase they started.
After seeing an Ad 3-5 different times around the web, your message starts to seem more familiar. Customers become more interested. They click through, and begin the descent down your sales funnel.
Why Should You Care About Online Advertising?
The next big wave of advertising wonder is here. Online Advertising puts you in the driver’s seat in getting more attention to more of your services or products. But if you’re still skeptical whether or not anyone is watching out there, consider these recent stats:
More than half (62%) of US consumers with Internet access shop online at least once a month.
78% of online shoppers don’t look at a product in a store before buying it online.
And Americans aged 18+ spend over 3 hours a day online (11+ hours using electronic media.)
Simply put, if you don’t use online advertising, your business is losing out to someone who is. Focus creates emotion and when your brand is in focus, potential customers start to develop a feeling towards your services before they even start learning about them.
Our approach fully integrates your brand. We deliver a concise message or message series, and direct customers to a desired web destination once they click. This could be one of your service pages, a contact form, or a specially created subpage on your website.
Moreover, once we learn about these actionable insights, we alter your campaign to improve all strengths.
Expand on what’s working, get rid of what’s not, and start seeing results.